Suggestions on preparing your items to sell at Munchkin Junction!
- All Items
- Use our preformatted tags that we email after you sign up to be a consignor. If you are creating tags by hand be sure to attach your bar code label to the top portion of the tag. Make sure the tag conforms to our tag guidelines.
- Make sure the tags are attached securely! Items with lost tags will not sell, and may not get back to their owner. The toys are handled by many children, many of whom will try to remove the tags or portions of toys that are not attached securely.
- When attaching your tags to toys, books or other items tape the tag on securely with packing tape. DO NOT use scotch or masking tape to secure your tags or items, it will not hold, and your items will not sell. Please use common sense with the tape, packing tape may damage some items such as books or furniture. Use care in how you attach the tags. If you need to use something else to attach the tag to prevent damage please do, but keep in mind it needs to be secure!
- Hang and pin your items neatly using wire hangers. Safety pens can not be used with most plastic hangers. You can get wire hangers from most dry cleaners - sometimes for free.
- Use safety pens that are 1" or larger.
- Clean all
spots and make sure the items do not smell like smoke
- Attach any
matching items you want– socks, hair accessories, shoes, purses, jackets – this will
also help you sell the item for a higher price
sometimes sell better than single items, put shirts together with coordinating
- With items
that have several pieces, make sure that all pieces are there and secure them
in a heavy Ziploc bag taping it to the larger item. Do not be frugal with the tape when you are securing small items. We have lots of little hands that test these
often while their parents are shopping.
- DO NOT use Scotch or masking tape, it will not stay on or secure your items.
- Use a good
description on the tag
instructions if you have them
- Make sure
the items are clean – use Lysol, soft scrub, Mr Clean’s magic eraser to help
get any dirt off the items – this will also help the item smell clean which is
tape any pieces that are removable! Keep in mind many children will look at your items, if extra pieces are not secured carefully they will end up missing, and your item not selling.
- Use large clear bags for any bedding sets. Ziploc just created a new large bag that would work well for this.
Remember if you have any questions as you prepare, feel free to contact us.